Tenerife North Airport (TFN)
Driving Directions / Travel by Car
(Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain)
While Tenerife South-Reina Sofia Airport (TFS) provides access to the southerly regions of the island of Tenerife and is well located at the southernmost point of the TF-1 motorway, which runs north to south along the east side of the island, Tenerife North Airport (TFN) is the gateway to the north of the island. Main road routes for accessing the airport include both the TF-1 and TF-5.
The airport is known locally as the Aeropuerto de Tenerife Norte and is signposted accordingly. The majority of interisland flights, together with a number of international and mainland airlines, fly into this airport on a daily basis, due to its proximity to Santa Cruz.
Directions to Tenerife North Airport (TFN) from the north of the island:
Directions to Tenerife North Airport (TFN) from the south of the island:
- The airport is located in the far north of the island. There are only minor destinations located beyond it, from which access to the airport can be gained by following signs for San Cristobal de la Laguna
Directions to Tenerife North Airport (TFN) from the east of the island:
- From Playa de las Americas, take the TF-1 north to Santa Cruz
- At Santa Cruz, join the TF-5 and follow it west to the airport
Directions to Tenerife North Airport (TFN) from the west of the island:
- Take the TF-1 north to Santa Cruz
- Join the TF-5 at Santa Cruz and follow it west to the airport
- From Buenavista del Norte, take the coastal road and follow signs for Puerto de la Cruz
- Before reaching Puerto de la Cruz, take the TF-5 motorway
- Follow the TF-5 motorway north to the airport
The TF-1 and the TF-5 motorways are generally free from traffic congestion. However, bear in mind that these are the island's most significant road routes and have the potential to experience congestion at busy times of the day. We recommend that you allow extra time in your travel schedule for any unforeseen delays.
Tenerife North Airport (TFN): Virtual Google Maps